Last updated 21st April 2018
Information that we collect
The information that is collected from you as a user can be broken down into two Categories:
1. Information we get off you at registration, i.e. information you willingly provide us with and,
2. Information that is collected automatically when you use the site.
- Information you provide us with– This information can personally identify you and is the information that you input into our SF Rentals registration form, i.e. your name, email address and password, and in the case of our users, your bio, including: your name, email address, place of residence, relevant qualifications, personal achievements and any other information you share your
- Information that is collected automatically– This relates to information we gather from your general use of our site including but not limited to your language preferences, your IP address, what Experts you book through our site, if you found our site through a link on social media or through an advertisement and other information based on your general usage of our website. This information although useful to us does not personally identify you.
How we Use & Share Your Information
- Personally identifiable information: The reason we collect personally identifiable information is mainly for contact purposes and to enhance user experience when using our platform. This information is beneficial to us and also to you as a user as we are able to disseminate relevant information about our site to you through email and other communication methods. The information we send out to you is all seen by us to benefit you as a user, that being said, if you feel you do not wish to be part of this communication feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we will seek to resolve any issue you may have as quickly as possible. It is important to note that when setting up an expert profile that this will be publicly visible as this is necessary for the core functionality of our website.
Contests and advertisements (including promotions): your personally identifiable information may be shared by us with a third party in order to facilitate the operation of providing you with the necessary rental listing and site promotions alike. Promotions may be conducted by a third party and in such cases, information and contest materials may be required from you. This information as such may be gathered by a third party controlling the competition.
- Information Collected Automatically (non-identifiable): Information that is collected automatically including but not limited to your general preferences when using the site and how you found the site are mainly used for analytical purposes to help us better understand user habits and trends. This data subsequently helps us to generate better content and improve our user interface with the goal of making our website even easier to navigate. We reserve the right to share this information whether by itself or as a collective to third parties for analytical purposes and to achieve other objectives.
Cookies are used to enhance user experience and for convenience purposes while using a website. Most modern websites issue cookies as it allows them to store information on the user and therefore improve user experience with repeated use. These cookies also help us to send you targeted ads, which keeps the user up to date with all improvements and events we may have that are relevant specifically to them.
Simply put a ‘cookie’ is a minor file or part thereof containing user-specific information (for example log in details or ‘most visited pages’) which is created by a website. Websites are subsequently able to read back these files and create user-specific material whilst improving all-round performance and ease of use for each user specifically.
Sale, Acquisition or merger of SF Rentals
In the future, SF Rentals may merge with another company, be acquired or sold. In the event of any of these happening, we reserve the right to transfer all data we have gathered to our successors or business partners. This meaning that the stored information may be given to a third party. However, in the event of these occurrences, you will be notified by email.
Legal Investigations and other Legal Issues
In the event of a legal investigation, SF Rentals will share information gathered on the site, both personal and non-personal with the authorities, Government or any other legal bodies we deem necessary to comply with the law. We also reserve the right to report any suspicious activity we feel the authorities need to know of and in doing so share all information we have on the user(s) in question.
Links to other Webpages
As is the nature of our website, especially relating to users bios, there will be links to other websites or pages (including but not limited to, affiliate pages our experts may be connected with or studies an expert has published or may wish to cite). It is to be understood that although these pages may be linked on our site, unless otherwise stated we in no way endorse these sites and cannot be held responsible for their data protection standards or general policies that you may have issue with. By saying this, we hope that when browsing these other sites linked on SF Rentals that you read these sites’ individual Privacy Policies in order to ensure you are entirely happy with how they collect and store information on you as a user. These other sites may have different cookie policies.
Our IT team here at SF Rentals have included security measures within our platform that they deem necessary to protect your information as well as they are able. Although we have implemented such measures, we cannot fully guarantee their total effectiveness as when dealing with the web, new security threats can appear at any time, therefore we cannot guarantee the full protection of all the information that you input into SF Rentals or the information that we subsequently gather about you through your use of the platform.
Dealing with Minors, Digital Consent & Privacy
The current age of digital consent in United State is 13. Given that we at SF Rentals have a category on our site entitled Education we would envisage that the site may use by teenagers and adults alike. That being said we do not knowingly store information on children under the age of 13, nor do we expect the usage of our site by any child under the age of 13 without full adult supervision. If we are made aware that we have stored information on any child under the age of 13 then we will delete this stored information as quickly as possible. We also recommend that any person under the age of 18 that is linking with an expert for advice should do so under the supervision of a relevant guardian or parent at all times.
Emailing System, How to Opt-Out & the Removal of Your Account
Signing up for SF Rentals means that you may on occasion receive emails from us where we will disseminate relevant information including but not limited to information on upcoming competitions we may be running, the introduction of new features to our website and a guide on how to utilise or implement such features and other promotional information or information we feel may benefit you as a user of our platform. That being said you do reserve the right to Opt-Out of said emails or communication and can do so by following the steps in these emails when we send them to you.
You may also wish to deactivate your SF Rentals account and can do so by following the steps on our website, you should find this option within your user profile both for experts and consumers.
Relocation of Personal Information Internationally
Due to the fact that SF Rentals is a US company and our IT department is based in THE US, it is important to note that as an international user or user outside of the US that your personal information will be transferred to be processed in the United States, therefore, it is necessary to bear in mind that the United States may not have the same data protection laws as your country and as such you may not receive the same data protection that you would in your respective countries.